Hogwarts Rhapsody
Welcome to Hogwarts Rhapsody - if you plan to register, please make sure your username is a FIRST and LAST name. Example: Lilian Smith. This will be the name of your CHARACTER. But, most importantly, have fun!

If you are having any issues the staff here at Rhapsody is sure to have a solution, so do not be afraid to ask questions or voice concerns.

Also, meet up with the rest of the Rhapsody members in the chatbox at the bottom of main site page! This is a place where both IC (in-character) and OOC (out of character) conversation happens and can be a great way to meet the other members, one-on-one.

Once again, WELCOME TO RHAPSODY! Enjoy your stay!
Hogwarts Rhapsody
Welcome to Hogwarts Rhapsody - if you plan to register, please make sure your username is a FIRST and LAST name. Example: Lilian Smith. This will be the name of your CHARACTER. But, most importantly, have fun!

If you are having any issues the staff here at Rhapsody is sure to have a solution, so do not be afraid to ask questions or voice concerns.

Also, meet up with the rest of the Rhapsody members in the chatbox at the bottom of main site page! This is a place where both IC (in-character) and OOC (out of character) conversation happens and can be a great way to meet the other members, one-on-one.

Once again, WELCOME TO RHAPSODY! Enjoy your stay!
Hogwarts Rhapsody
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Harry Potter RPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Home for Needy Children

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

A Home for Needy Children Empty
PostSubject: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 am

The large house was somewhat out of the way, on a bit of property that had evidence of it's purpose spotted across the landscape. Swings, toys, the like. It was quite obviously an older place, possibly a privately operated home. But the building was well cared for, and it wasn't the sterile place that one would expect. No, it did its best to be welcoming and a place where a person could feel as if they were safe and loved. There were gardens with flowers and perhaps vegetables, the grass was neatly cut, and there were a few large cats to be found wandering the property, mostly around where the children played. It was here on a rather cloudy summer day that children were playing on swings and slides, and on the large porch and it's swing and chairs were more younger ones sitting about in a circle, with an older child reading to them. It wasn't, as one would expect, Sparrow, but a boy of around fourteen or so.

Sparrow herself was under a random tree, with a book in her lap, pen in hand, and a few books stacked beside her in the grass.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 am

(I so fail >.< Like, really fail. there are no words for the amount of fail I have ATM.)

Sparrow was not hard to find, as her features were quite distinctive. There is also the fact that she did not crowd the fence as some of the other children had so she was apart from the crowd as well.

There was a little confusion as he approached her, and then some small bit of delight on her face as she read the letter though it was probably hard for the poor man to tell. It was not too long after that Grimsby found himself face to face with a very tall and serious looking man, who appeared to be one of the adults in charge of the place. A man had just pulled up to the property and was now talking with the children, one in particular, and that was cause for concern of course. There would of course be the exchange of the nessesary 'Hello, can I help you?' and 'Who sent you' and all sorts of other questions. But soon enough the produced credentials would satisfy him along with recognition of the family name of the young man who was inviting her over. Ah, that was who brought her home not too long ago! An honor that was, indeed.

After some fiddling around, and Sparrow collecting the books she had been using and handing all of them to her caretaker, she was granted permission to go, with very strict instructions that she had to be back by nine at the very latest, or if there was a problem to send a message. As well as a request to, in the future, come directly up to the house, as if the police had seen him he'd have been taken off to jail without more than his rights read to him. Most of the children here have gone through enough trauma, the man notes, and as such they are rather protective of them.

And so, soon enough, Grimsby finds that he has a very quiet young lady in the back seat of his car as he delivers her to his young master.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 am

((D'aw. Tis all right.))

Grimsby was sufficiently intelligent enough to know when and how quickly to take his new young charge and deliver her to his young master.

"The young master has spoken of you often, Miss Harrison," said the driver pleasantly enough, "he likes you very much. Hasn't had many friends, I'm afraid. Ah! Here we are."

The house, Number 19, Thornery Court, was in a nice part of the city. It looked small upon first glance, but was quite modern and spacious within. Grimsby pulled the car up to the door in the round drive, and quickly came round to open the door for Sparrow.

"If you just go through there, Miss Harrison," he said, "Victoria will be waiting for you. I'm not sure what young Master is doing at the moment...probably waiting for you outside."

The day was quite pretty. The door opened, and there was Victoria, smiling at the company.

"There you are, Miss Sparrow. I am glad young Master's request didn't cause too much trouble. He can often jump into things without thinking. Follow me, dear...your host is in the back."

And Victoria took her through the house, which was beautifully but not too opulently decorated.

Aiden was on the back lawn, bow in hand, just fixing an arrow to fly. Seeing her, he smirked, and let the arrow fly.

It hit the center of the target perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 am

The house and it's neighborhood were indeed impressive, but Sparrow watched this with interest, but not much in the way of excitement. What a boring child. She thanked Grimsby, of course, and greeted Victoria when she appeared. She looked about the house as they traveled through it to the backlawn. It was indeed very nice to look at. She watched Aiden, as if he'd been waiting for her just to launch the arrow, then smiled just a bit.

"You're good with that, it looks like," She said. "Thank you for the invitation, though I'm not sure my caretakers know what to think at the moment of Mister Grimsby having shown up like he did. It's nice to see you today."
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 am

Aiden smiled at her for a long moment. A genuine smile, not a smirk. He had been showing off a little, but he put aside his weapons and gave her a little bow.

"Thanks. I'm glad you came," he said, eyes glittering with excitement. For the first time in a long while, Aiden felt like a child at play...a proper eleven year-old boy who had a friend come to visit.

"Didn't want to cause you trouble...I...you...I missed you," he said, blushing a little, "and--especially today. I thought I'd surprise Mother by bringing you over. You're invited for tea...and we can..um..play."

He didn't use that word very often, but it was the best thing he could come up with just at the moment.

"Well--not play with silly things," he went on, trying not to be nervous, "these."

And he gently took Sparrow's hand, leading her over to a group of weapons. They were made of good, sturdy wood; practice weapons which were designed for a young boy.

"You think you want to spar with me?" he asked. "I promise to go easy on you. Or we could do something else, if you want. Chess, cards...and of course we can go to the library later and read."

For the first time in his young life, Aiden was perceptibly nervous. It wasn't often this happened, and that nervousness warred with his excitement at having Sparrow here as his friend.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Sparrow smiled very faintly. "Of course. Though I admit that I will be glad to have tea somewhere that isn't at the orphanage."

She picked up one of the practice weapons, a sword of some kind which she looked at. she handled it as if it were a real blade, a force of habit one should always have with a weapon of any kind--treat it like it's loaded. She tossed it up to change her grip, a move done not as gracefully as she'd have liked, but it was practiced.

She then looked back to him. "I haven't spared with anyone since... well, since before I came here. My father had me taking lessons with the sword, and with archery. I'm probably very out of practice though. By the time I was strong enough to walk again it was pretty clear that I wasn't going home, and I didn't get to restrengthen in that way. Though I do occasionally sword fight with sticks."
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Aiden's eyes and face lit up at the prospect of having a descent sparring partner.

"Good," he said, "we'll start easy."

And he took up another practice sword, turning it in his hand. Raising it, he gave a little bow, and waited until Sparrow was in a ready position.

"En garde," he said, and thrust his blade at her. It moved with ease and some grace, but also slowly. After all, the last thing he wanted was to do his friend a real injury.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 am

Sparrow returned the bow. When he thrust forward, she darted back, perhaps a little suprisingly quick for someone her age, though probably not so much so for her small size. Instinctivly she used the sword to block as she did so, then shifted in stance to thrust forward at him.

As she did so, she seemed to be very relaxed, and maybe even smiling though it was as usual hard to tell. In any case, it appeared as if she were glad to have someone to practtice with.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 am

Aiden was taken a little off guard by Sparrow's quickness and strength. He faltered a little and only barely managed to turn aside Sparrow's thrust.

Smirking in approval, Aiden allowed his blade to run down hers, then twisting it and sailing a blow toward her head. It was designed to decapitate, but of course he reminded himself this was just a spar, and plus the weapons couldn't do that sort of damage anyway. If he was successful, it would only lightly tap her on the neck.

"Don't hold back," he said, "show me what you learned."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Needy Children   A Home for Needy Children I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Home for Needy Children
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Rhapsody :: Misc Locales :: Varied Locales-
Jump to: