Hogwarts Rhapsody
Welcome to Hogwarts Rhapsody - if you plan to register, please make sure your username is a FIRST and LAST name. Example: Lilian Smith. This will be the name of your CHARACTER. But, most importantly, have fun!

If you are having any issues the staff here at Rhapsody is sure to have a solution, so do not be afraid to ask questions or voice concerns.

Also, meet up with the rest of the Rhapsody members in the chatbox at the bottom of main site page! This is a place where both IC (in-character) and OOC (out of character) conversation happens and can be a great way to meet the other members, one-on-one.

Once again, WELCOME TO RHAPSODY! Enjoy your stay!

A new Harry Potter RPG

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Staff Meeting (August 1st)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mika Delaney-Snape
Headmistress

PostSubject: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:22 pm

It was rather quiet in the Library just at the moment. Madame Pince nodded to the Headmistress as she came in, setting up an old-fashioned chalkboard and the necessary accoutrements. The table, round, was set up. A long table bedecked with tea, coffee and various snacks. She herself opted for a cup of Lady Grey. One large spoon of sugar.

Today, Mika had chosen a simple outfit. A plain white button-down shirt, with slightly puffy sleeves. Vest of black velvet with navy tie. Her skirt flowed down her slender form in a straight line of black. A small pin depicting a raven was nestled in the lapel of her vest. Her straight, Asian hair was pulled back into a bun, with a few tendrils framing her face. While she felt like a Headmistress to herself, she knew she would need to prove it to the other professors who were coming.

Most of them she hadn't met before, or hadn't known that long. And one of them she knew would be...not a problem, really. He was more than qualified. He just got a little cranky at the Full Moon.

Sipping at her tea, Mika awaited the arrival of the others, her silvery blue gaze taking in the books around her with a certain degree of longing.

*Signature by T--Thanks!*

Last edited by Mika Delaney-Snape on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gothiclolita009.tumblr.com
Jason White
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Jason wandered into the library, hands tucked into the pockets of his pants as he whistled, and likely earned evil glares from the librarian stationed there. It was a little inconveniant to have to find something that would occupy his daughter for the day, but work was work, and honestly if she messed up something in her 'aunty's' shop no one would be able to tell the difference.

He wandered over towards the round table and chalk board, and the woman sitting there. The headmistress, he was sure. He paused looking about a bit, then said, "This reminds me of all the time I spent in detention."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika Delaney-Snape
Headmistress

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Mika looked up from her teacup, offering the newly arrived male a smile. She nodded politely.

"Professor--White, am I correct?" she asked.

She took in the man. He appeared a little disheveled, but to her his aura said fire. He had to be her Head of Gryffindor for sure.

"Please..take a seat," she said, "and help yourself to any little refreshments you might enjoy. We have some time to wait for the others."

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:02 pm

"That would be me, yes. You must be Headmistress Delaney-Snape," he replied. "I will admit, I NEVER thought that I would be here as a professor, I'm going to admit."

He took a seat at the table and, after a few moments, found himself a cup of a tea. Indeed he did have a bit of fire about him, and indeed he was a bit on the messy side. "Here I thought I was running late--I had to find something to occupy a few folks with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett Gonzalez
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:12 pm

An man of average height, well kept hair, and a suit that looked altogether out of place at Hogwarts walked into library, and promptly came to a pause at the sight of all the hidebound types in the room. The hidebound books, that is. He looked to his left and then to his right with his eyebrows raised and he then nodded to himself approvingly. He could get used to this place, at the least. In his casual survey of the room, he noticed the actual reason he was here. "Ah ha," he said to himself.

He stepped over toward the table, and inclined his head to the teachers of the round table. "Good afternoon!" he said with a smile on his face that suggested that he was in on some kind of amusing joke. It was a smile that sat there well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika Delaney-Snape
Headmistress

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:19 pm

"Perfectly understandable, Professor White," she said, her tone gentle and easy. Her eyes went back up, looking at the latest arrival.

She smiled and nodded.

"And--Professor--Brett Gonzalez," she said, consulting her file, "Head of Hufflepuff and Professor of Transfiguration. Meet Professor Jason White. Head of Gryffindor and Professor of Charms. Please--take some tea and snacks while we wait for the others."

Mika perused Brett, gauging his height and build, scribbling a few things in her notebook. She would of course never dream of making his condition publicly known. She'd had one of the best Potions Masters of his time for a husband, and she was to be Mistress of Potions herself.

This would, of course, mean brewing Wolfsbane.

Back to top Go down
Brett Gonzalez
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 pm

The man nodded once, and said, "Thank you, thank you for your warm welcome." He needed no introduction for her, he knew who she was. The Jason guy on the other hand...

Brett walked over and took a spot that was equidistant from both Professor White and the Headmistress. "So... Oh! Coffee!" he stated with his eyebrows shooting up as he noticed what he considered to be the veritable nectar of the gods, Ambrosia on earth. He was only part way in the process of actually sitting down, but aborted that in favor to pouring himself a small glass.

"So," he asks, continuing casually as if he hadn't interrupted himself, "Any idea how long you'll need us for your shindig here, headmistress?" That smile of his still sits on his face, calm as can be, though inwardly, he was nervous as all hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika Delaney-Snape
Headmistress

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Mika resisted the urge to chuckle. She was observant by nature, and his detour to the coffee was not unnoticed. She was reminded vaguely of Cadence, who was taking over as Head of her old House, who she had charmed with the dark brew.

The Headmistress herself, however, never touched the stuff.

"The meeting shouldn't take too terribly long, Professor Gonzalez," she said, keeping everything professional, but casual, "there are just a few things that I would like to go over with the staff, as well as garner some input from you all. How long this takes will depend on how long it takes everyone to arrive. I thank you and Professor White both for arriving promptly."

Back to top Go down
Cadence Malfoy
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 am

A staff meeting was not something that Cadence Malfoy was looking forward to. However being the daughter of a business man she knew that they were needed no matter how annoying they were for her to attend. So there she found herself dressed in her usual business attire of a well tailored suit and classic black stilettos. Her heels making a reassuring clicking sound as she made her way to the library of all places.

Her thoughts were focused for the task, she was not in the slightest nervous but rather curious as to the who the rest of the staff would be and what they would be like. Not that she cared but working with a bunch of barmies was never very appealing. Finally Cadence rounded the corner to the Library and inhaled a deep breathe, slowly let it out and entered the room.

To her surprise there were already two other Proffesors besides the Headmistress there. Her eyes went directly to the woman who was the cause of her being in the position that she was in. The woman now at the tender age of twenty-three wanted more out of life. Being behind a desk or traveling for work related things had already become old and she had only been doing it for four years. Cadence wanted something new, she wanted something different, she just didn't want it to include Ravenclaw.

The choice wasn't her to be made though, she had asked for the job as Professor and Mika had found her fitting in crudintials to be the Head of House for Ravenclaw, seeing as Slytherin had already been taken. Cadence would have to see about that but for now she would let the subject lie for now. However if the man that had grabbed the position before she could get her mits on it suddenly died a horrible death, that of course she had nothing to do with, well then that couldn't be helped and she would have no choice but to replace him.

A sly smirk formed at the corner of her mouth. Just for a second she let herself indulge in her thoughts before returning to the present and nodding her greeting at Mika. The others she could care less about all together other than the fact that one man had coffee...

Eyes scanning the room, like a hawk zooming in on it's prey Cadence found the coffee and made her way over to the cart first thing. This liquid pleasure of hers might just make the meeting bearable. She then quickly filled a mug before making her way over to the table and taking up residence in a vacant chair that was away from the rest already seated at the table. Pretending to be engrossed in her coffee Cadence scanned the table and the people at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quinn Altarga
Deputy Headmaster/HOS/DADA Professor...your worst nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:13 am

Quinn entered the library, giving a slight survey of the room in a slightly disinterested manner. It smelt of burning rubber, mold and musty socks, which was fairly typical for this particular section of the library (it was where all the potions students lingered and practiced) with a quiet sigh, he began his way over to the round table, his cane clicking rhythmically on the stone flooring as he did so.

When he got closer, he noted three others had already arrived. Head of Gryffindor house, Head of Ravenclaw house and Head of Hufflepuff house. Than, naturally, at the head of the table was the Headmistress. Coming up to his rightful place at the second spot beside Mika, he sat down and hung his cane on the edge of the table itself, eyeing the new Professors with an intense silver glare.

He swore that if Mika did not make this quick, he'd kill her. Staff meetings were such useless things. Honestly, he could care less about any one of the individuals sitting there. If they had a problem, they could figure it out themselves. Like grown adults. But, nooo, Mika insisted they sort it all out like the chummy comrades they weren't.

Super...

Rhiannon LaFey
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:22 am

"You'd *think* after being here seven years," muttered Rhiannon as her own cane made rhythmic sounds against the stone floor of the library.

She saw that everyone else was gathered. Blushing a little, she mumbled a, "Sorry I was late, Headmistress," to Mika, and took a seat next to someone--she thought he was the Head of Hufflepuff, Brett something-or-other.

Drawing her wand from inside her cane, she Summoned a fresh cup of coffee, sipping at it.

She didn't like to use her cane and her leg an an excuse, but in a sense it was for her today. She had slipped on the Greenhouse floor, and being alone, it had taken her several moments to get back up.

Never mind that now, she thought as she looked at the obviously sour Deputy Headmaster. She shot him a look and a tiny shrug, looking for perhaps a certain show of solidarity of hating these blasted meetings. Even if it just meant having to get all the way up there with a bum leg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason White
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Jason Raised his eyebrows at the deputy headmaster for the seeming dirty looks he was getting, but then shrugged, surveying the others. The Head of Hufflepuff looked like he might be a smart ass, and like he would bite if provoked...And so did the head of Ravenclaw. Pfft. Who was he kidding? Besides the headmistress, everyone appeared to be in sour moods. Staff meetings at the beginning of August were not a favorite and most teachers weren't used to being out of bed during the summer holidays before noon. But this Gonzales seemed like he might be the only one who had a sense of humor, and maybe the others would warm up after they had coffee or tea.

Except the Deputy Headmaster. He looked like he never lightened up. Jason considered starting a betting pool with some of his cousins to see which one of their kids got detention from the Deputy Headmaster first.

Whelp. Okay then. He sipped his tea. This was going to feel like the meeting from hell, and he thought that the meetings for his last position were bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett Gonzalez
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 am

Brett got the inexplicable feeling that he was perhaps being judged. This was hardly a magical power, it was merely a sense that he developed over many years of interacting with the hipster community. And indeed, his hipster senses were in fact tingling as a few others streamed into the room.

But he was distracted from that when a young woman sat down next to him. He raised an eyebrow as he turned his head slightly to observe as she settled in. His eyes alighted briefly on her cane, wand, and then instant coffee, but he merely noted their presence, and thought little more on it. "Hello there," he said to the woman with a nod and an easy smile, but then his attention was briefly drawn toward the man with the intense silver glare.

Ah ha. The Anger is strong with this one.

Brett only half-smirked under the glare, and went on casually surveying the others as they sat down, noting with mild pleasure the number of coffee drinkers in this heathen tea country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika Delaney-Snape
Headmistress

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:14 am

Mika cleared her throat, hoping to catch the attention of those around her.

"Now that we are basically all gathered," she said, "I will begin this meeting. Firstly, I should like to welcome all of you. For those of you who do now know him, the man beside me is Professor Quinn Altarga. He is Deputy Headmaster, Head of Slytherin House, and also our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I am sure that he will do well, as will you all."

Here, Mika stood, heading over to the chalkboard. With a light tap of her wand, several points appeared.

*Student Morale
*Halloween Feast--Plans?
*Basic Reminders

"I should like to make a few things clear. It is, as you all know, the responsibility of each and every Professor to see to it order and decorum among the students is kept. However, I also wish to help the students feel more welcome here...like their second home, as it should be. Any input from you on this, as well as the upcoming All Hallows Feast, would be welcome."

From here, a group of papers were given to each Professor.

"Rather than bore you by droning on about the basic protocols, I organised them and put them into what might be called a "Quick Reference Guide." I hope that you will all become familiar with it."

"Now, unless Deputy Headmaster Altarga has anything to add, I will take any input, comments, or questions you have to offer."

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:39 am

Jason hmmed as he picked up the packet of papers, flipping through it casually. He was pretty sure some of the more mundane stuff was like those muggle schools he'd been teaching in.

"Hmm... exploding pumpkins...bribing Peeves...enchanting the armor to scream..." He paused, then looked up to his fellow professors. "No, not suggesting we do that. I'm just trying to think about things I'd do to make All Hallows exciting were I one of the students. I actually think I DID try some of those, come to think of it."

He put the packet down, leaning back. "I'd offer suggestions on making the students feel welcome but I know what is okay at one institution could be balked at in others. Don't think I'll have that problem here, but..." He shrugged, looking to the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika Delaney-Snape
Headmistress

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Mika made a few notes.

"Exploding pumpkins...hmmm...possible, as long as we hollow them out. Perhaps put candy into them? The armor to scream? No. I think the students are frightened enough of those as it is. As for Peeves...perhaps I can get the Bloody Baron to arrange for some...amusing things for the feast. All good suggestions, Professor White."

She waited for any of the other professors to add anything.

"Come now--surely there are some other good ideas out there."

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:17 am

"Well, Headmistress, I had said those as things we should probably keep the students from doing but if we already plan that, that'd take care of the problem quite readily." He shrugged, and looked towards the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett Gonzalez
Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Brett listened to the others speak, eyes flicking back and forth. He had little idea as to the full Halloween traditions found at Hogwarts. Who is to say how things are run here? Still, he did have a few ideas that might be worth mentioning.

"Perhaps a Masquerade Dance of sorts for the upperclassmen, while at least a form of trick-or-treating for the younger ones?" Brett suggested as he folded his hands on the table, and then raised his eyebrows. "The teachers can give out earwax Bernie Bott's."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika Delaney-Snape
Headmistress

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Mika smiled, scribbling down the suggestions.

"Appreciated, Professor Gonzalez. Costumes would be welcome. Well--here are some things to think about. Myself and Deputy Headmaster Altarga will be discussing these ideas before the All Hallows Feast."

Here, she stood.

"Thank you all for coming. Unless someone has anything else they'd like to add...please consider yourselves dismissed."

((OOC: Anyone who'd like to can make a thread for the Professors and whatnot talking after the meeting. Mika will be hanging around for a bit.))

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (August 1st)    

Back to top Go down

Staff Meeting (August 1st)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1