Hogwarts Rhapsody
Welcome to Hogwarts Rhapsody - if you plan to register, please make sure your username is a FIRST and LAST name. Example: Lilian Smith. This will be the name of your CHARACTER. But, most importantly, have fun!

If you are having any issues the staff here at Rhapsody is sure to have a solution, so do not be afraid to ask questions or voice concerns.

Also, meet up with the rest of the Rhapsody members in the chatbox at the bottom of main site page! This is a place where both IC (in-character) and OOC (out of character) conversation happens and can be a great way to meet the other members, one-on-one.

Once again, WELCOME TO RHAPSODY! Enjoy your stay!
Hogwarts Rhapsody
Welcome to Hogwarts Rhapsody - if you plan to register, please make sure your username is a FIRST and LAST name. Example: Lilian Smith. This will be the name of your CHARACTER. But, most importantly, have fun!

If you are having any issues the staff here at Rhapsody is sure to have a solution, so do not be afraid to ask questions or voice concerns.

Also, meet up with the rest of the Rhapsody members in the chatbox at the bottom of main site page! This is a place where both IC (in-character) and OOC (out of character) conversation happens and can be a great way to meet the other members, one-on-one.

Once again, WELCOME TO RHAPSODY! Enjoy your stay!
Hogwarts Rhapsody
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Harry Potter RPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 1st: School shopping (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:59 am

"I've very honored, then," she replied with a nod, sipping the water. "I admit, I haven't seen this many books in one place belonging to a single person in a very long time."

Sparrow looked from the tomes which reminded her somewhat of a friend of her father's, who'd had quite a collection of books that she'd never really been allowed to read. Finally she looked back to Aiden.

"I do," she replied with a nod, "Though I admit that i don't get a chance to as often as I'd like. The most I get to read now days are fairytales and the like to the younger ones who can't read or aren't that good at it yet."
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:10 pm

"That's sad," said Aiden as he finished off his hot chocolate and put two Sickles down on the counter, "Mother and...Father...have a bunch of books in their library. They let me read them sometimes. But I have to be careful. Some of Father's old books are charmed of cursed...they're...not nice books."

Aiden went over and perused the shelves, choosing a few books and handed them to Sparrow to peruse.

"Some are Muggle--some are Wizarding," he said, "pick something."
Back to top Go down
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 am

(Sorry! D:)

"Only a little. By reading to them, I'm taking their interest away from the TV, at least." She set down her water glass. "Charmed or cursed? Well, I do suppose that I suddenly find myself in a magical underworld..."

Sparrow blinked as she was handed the small stack of books. "Alright," she replied. She then sat cross-legged on the stool and picked one at random to open.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 am

((Tis okay...Wink ))

Aiden smiled as he saw the look of pleasure on Sparrow's face as she chose a book and began to read. Aiden did the same.

Victoria watched them for precisely one hour before lightly tapping Sparrow the shoulder.

"Pardon, Miss Sparrow," she said quietly close to her ear, "but I'm afraid my young master would let you stay here for hours if he could. I know you do not wish to worry your caretakers, and you must be needed back home."

The sound a book closing rather loudly disturbed Victoria. Aiden looked up, scowling.

"I can tell time, Victoria," he said, "sorry Sparrow...we have to go. Those fools who run your home will be missing you."

He put down a few Galleons, took up the book, and bade Sparrow do the same.

"Something for you to read later," he said.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 am

Sparrow blinked. "Ah, yes. I suppose so." She nodded, then blinked. "Are you sure?"

She of course didn't have the money to pay for the book herself, as much as she was enjoying it most of the money had been spent on her school supplies and she was left with a few knuts that she was sure she would have to give back to her care takers later. But she then smiled a bit.

"I thank you," She said. "And, you're right, they will be missing me. And I still have to find a secure place to put these school supplies where the other children won't get into them."
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 pm

"Easy," said Victoria, offering her the shrunken packages. "Keep them like this. They will be easy to conceal until you are ready. Simply point your wand and say, "Finite." That should cancel the charm keeping them small."

Aiden nodded, offering Sparrow a hand down and his arm as they prepared to leave.

"Love to your mother, dear boy," he said with a cheerful wave.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow Harrison
First-Year Ravenclaw
Sparrow Harrison

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:16 am

"Ah, that should be easy enough," she replied, taking her significantly smaller packages back. They were much easier to handle now. She waved to the good gentleman. "Thank you for your hospitality sir," she said.

She took Aiden's help down, took the offered arm and then looked to Aiden, and Victoria. "Thank you both for being so kind to me.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Snape
First-Year Gryffindor
Aiden Snape

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:18 pm

"You're welcome Miss--be sure you could come and visit us anytime you wish."

Aiden handed Sparrow a card.

"My address. Our maid might answer the door...but let her know you're my friend. Come visit."

He smiled, reluctant to let her go.

"I wish you could stay."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 1st: School shopping (open)   August 1st: School shopping (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August 1st: School shopping (open)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3